Official release date is May 28, 2019. But some of the features have already leaked out on the internet. I highly recommend the Collector’s Edition. The packaging has been great for previous seasons, and this season they are adding even more features.
To get the deluxe collector’s edition or not, is the question. I will tell you that I did not for Season 2 and regretted it as the packaging for the Blue-ray makes you jumble and shuffle the discs in storage. The price has officially dropped in Season 4 Collector’s Edition, averaging $44.98 US from the original $68.99. UK £20.00 to £30.00 . UK Amazon not offering the collectors edition at this time. As promised this boxed set includes some features including:
- 28 page book featuring exclusive photography (this means it’s probably already leaked on the internet so keep a look out for more BTS and exclusive photos in the next two months for your Pinterest collecting and your own blogging obsessions.
- Exclusive sneak peaks from Diana Gabaldon’s New Book, Go Tell the Bees That I am Gone, book 9
- Season 4 soundtrack. I will still wait for this to be released by Bear McCreary on vinyl, but nice to have. The music this season can be read in detail in his website posting. However out of all the seasons, it’s the one that didn’t grab me much.
- Outlander Untold 4 Bonus Scenes that are already leaking on YouTube. It may be worth it for these left out stories that help cement characters relationships
- 4 Featurettes on making of the season and and Season 4 relationships
- Deleted and extended scenes, starting to leak out already but good to have your own clean copy.
- Gag reel
In the UK, it is being packaged as an “Untold Edition” at Amazon, running at about £27.00 for the Blu-ray.
In ‘Outlander Untold’ found on the ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Blu-ray and DVD, dive deeper into the season with four all-new bonus scenes featuring fan-favorite characters. These extended stories dive into Lord John Grey’s life as a single father to William, Murtagh and Marsali navigating a confrontation with deceitful landlords, Young Ian meeting Rollo for the first time, and Aunt Jocasta teaching Phaedre & Lizzie a lesson about working together.